Are you concerned about the welfare on the earth, like me? Going green is actually easier then you might think, just follow these 10 steps. I’m not at all saying that i’m perfect, because i’m far from, but I try my best everyday. If we all make an effort to help saving our earth, it will make a huge different.
1. Use less water
- Don’t let the water run consciously, while you are brushing your teeth.
- Don’t wash dishes with the water running consciously.
- Doing a half-loaded wash, wastes a lot of water.
2. Use less electricity
- Turn off the light when you are leaving a room, even if it’s for a short time.
3. Drive less often
- Walk or ride your bike, whenever possible.
4. Buy locally
- Buy food that was produced as close to your home as possible.
- When you are shopping online, try to find items that won’t have to travel long distances.
5. What you eat, affects the world
- Eat more vegetables, and question were your meat comes from.
- Skip meat once a week.
- Only eat fish there is in season.
6. Produce less waste
- Use recycled paper.
- Don’t use plastic bags.
- Carry a bottle of water with you, so you don’t need to buy a new one.
7. Compost it
- Don’t throw your food in the trash, compost it instead.
- Plant more trees and get some plants.
8. Throw away
- Don’t throw away your thing, donate it instead or sell it.
- Help clean up areas where you live, such as the beach.
- Raise some dollars for a worthy cause.
10. Be an example
- Teach other the importance of treating our earth with care.